Hardware and software requirements for Lync 2010
· Windows 7 32-bit operating system.
· Windows Vista 32-bit operating system.
· Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (SP2). Windows Installer 3.1 and Microsoft Core XML services (MSXML) 6.0 SP1 must be installed before deploying Lync 2010.
· Data and voice: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or higher processor; 2 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor recommended.
· For video: Dual Core 1.9 GHz or higher for VGA; Quad Core 2.0 GHz or higher for High Definition.
· For the Microsoft RoundTable™ conferencing device: 2 GHz or higher.
· Support for Microsoft DirectX 9 application programming interface
· 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
· Microsoft Windows Display Driver Model driver
· Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
· 32 bits per pixel
1 GB of RAM (2 GB recommended).
Microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device.
USB 2.0 video camera or RoundTable device.
· Data: 56 kbps (minimum); 56 kbps (high-quality).
· Voice: 50 kbps (minimum); 80 kbps (high-quality).
· Video: 50 kbps (minimum); 250 kbps for CIF, 600 kbps for VGA, 1.5 Mbps for High Definition (high-quality).
· RoundTable device: 50 kbps (minimum); 250 kbps (high-quality).
The required and recommended bandwidth speeds are cumulative. For example, to use voice, webcam, and the RoundTable device, the minimum bandwidth would be 50+50+50=150 kbps.
· Microsoft Core XML services (MSXML) 6.0 SP1 must be installed before installing Lync 2010.
· Outlook 2010/Office Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server 2010/2007 or Exchange Online are required for Outlook interoperability options.
· For interoperability with Microsoft Office to work correctly, users may need to install an update to Outlook 2007. For details about the Outlook update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 936864, "Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package" at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=143112.